Hand Up Media - the ethical publishing & media company which
promotes Fair Trade and ethical lifestyle issues in positive,
stylish and empowering ways to consumers across the UK and beyond.
Fair Trade in the news
- (From Google on Tue, 11 Mar 2014 12:39:15 GMT)
- Alain Bagnaud, Director of Reed Global Transport Group (a division of Reed Expositions), organisers of the SITL Europe 2014 trade fair, reveals his expectations for Intralogistics Europe 2014. This leading transport-and-logistics trade show, which specializes in handling equipment in manufacturing and distribution, is being held concurrently with SITL from 1 to 4 April 2014, in the Paris region ... (From Yahoo! on Tue, 11 Mar 2014 05:21:49 -0700)
(From Google on Tue, 11 Mar 2014 11:09:49 GMT)
Message of hope atFairtrade SchoolLuton TodayOn a cold, grey and rainy Friday morning at 9am, guests, teachers, pupils and parents gathered together at St Joseph's Roman Catholic Junior School to celebrate an extra special achievement – the launch of Luton's first Fairtrade School. Pupils from ...and more »
- (From Google on Mon, 10 Mar 2014 22:53:49 GMT)
- (From Google on Mon, 10 Mar 2014 13:41:22 GMT)
(From Google on Mon, 10 Mar 2014 13:33:27 GMT)
Germany: Fair trade on the rise - particularly for quality organicFreshPlaza"The Fairtrade brand in the German market has been responsible for a large part of this," said Dieter Overath from the TransFair association last Thursday at the organic fair Biofach in Nürnberg. "There are no supermarkets to find in Germany, who does ...
(From Google on Mon, 10 Mar 2014 07:54:01 GMT)
Google Could Face $5B Fine From India's Fair Trade WatchdogInvesting.comThe case has been with the CCI for more than two years during which time the fair-trade watchdog has investigated claims from other Internet companies that Google is abusing its position in India. According to regulations, if the company is found ...
- + ALL TIMES ARE PROVISIONAL AND IN LOCAL TIME FOLLOWED BY GMT IN BRACKETS MONDAY, MARCH 10 KUALA LUMPUR- Prime Minister Najib Razak attends Bumiputera Economic Council Meeting at Committee Room 1, Parliament ... (From Yahoo! on Sun, 09 Mar 2014 16:51:02 -0700)
- 'Internet of things' will allow everyday objects like fridges to talk to each other and will transform world, PM tells trade fair (From Yahoo! on Sun, 09 Mar 2014 11:47:06 -0700)
- PACT, an ethical and organic apparel brand, announced today that it is launching a line of organic cotton apparel manufactured in a Fair Trade Certified™ facility. The line will include 19 product styles ... (From Yahoo! on Fri, 07 Mar 2014 07:59:36 -0800)
- Ghanaian women who spend their days farming for cocoa beans came to Harrow to spread the message about Fairtrade. (From Yahoo! on Wed, 05 Mar 2014 09:05:41 -0800)
- A FESTIVAL launched to help some of the world’s struggling banana farmers escape poverty took place in the unlikely setting of Wimborne Square at the weekend. (From Yahoo! on Wed, 05 Mar 2014 08:53:16 -0800)
- Ghanian women who spend their days farming for cocoa beans came to Harrow to spread the message about fair trading. (From Yahoo! on Wed, 05 Mar 2014 08:05:41 -0800)
- Third Street, Inc., makers of premium, sustainable beverages, today announced the launch of nine new organic, fair-trade, and non-GMO ice teas and lemonades which will be available exclusively in Whole Foods Markets nationwide this spring. (From Yahoo! on Wed, 05 Mar 2014 07:05:00 -0800)
- Once again, Puck Daddy (and the Sportsnet Trade Deadline extravaganza) will unleash The Milbury Scale on every trade made through 3 p.m. EST. In case you need a refresher: (From Yahoo! on Wed, 05 Mar 2014 04:22:20 -0800)
- (From Google on Sun, 02 Mar 2014 06:17:29 GMT)
(From Google on Thu, 27 Feb 2014 15:10:07 GMT)
Activists push for fair trade Beaver gearCorvallis Gazette TimesAfter a year of on-again, off-again discussions, a campaign by student activists to get Oregon State University's campus bookstore to carry a line of fair trade apparel might be gaining traction. The OSU chapter of United Students Against Sweatshops ...and more »
- THE North West’s “biggest” hospitality trade fair took place this week – with nearly 90 exhibitors. (From Yahoo! on Wed, 26 Feb 2014 16:43:56 -0800)
(From Google on Mon, 24 Feb 2014 20:09:45 GMT)
Fair Trade Coconuts on TapBevNET.comCredibility costs. Just ask, PepsiCo, which makes Naked Coconut Water, the first beverage to be made with coconuts that are newly Fair Trade Certified. Few claims on a package lend more assurance to a certain kind of consumer than the words: “Fair ...
- (From Google on Mon, 24 Feb 2014 05:05:08 GMT)