Hand Up Media - the ethical publishing & media company which
promotes Fair Trade and ethical lifestyle issues in positive,
stylish and empowering ways to consumers across the UK and beyond.
Fair Trade in the news
- While the Euromold international 3D Printing trade fair is in full swing, Prodways is pleased to announce that its international sales network is expanding through new partnerships (From Yahoo! on Thu, 27 Nov 2014 04:00:00 -0800)
- Budding entrepreneurs from schools across Yorkshire will be selling products from their own businesses to crowds of Christmas shoppers this weekend. (From Yahoo! on Thu, 27 Nov 2014 01:21:58 -0800)
(From Google on Thu, 27 Nov 2014 03:15:55 GMT)
US: Fair trade demand 'tremendous' as awareness growsFresh Fruit PortalThe topic of farmworkers' rights in agriculture is becoming increasingly important amongst the U.S. general public, according to representative of fair trade company Interrupcion. pinapple_91018319 small. Fair trader Michela Calabrese told ...
- (From Google on Wed, 26 Nov 2014 20:49:27 GMT)
(From Google on Wed, 26 Nov 2014 15:27:45 GMT)
Broad St. Methodist Church hosts fair trade eventEvening Sun (subscription)NORWICH — Take a trip around the world with a fair trade sale, an international holiday tea and a chance to reach a helping hand across the ocean on Friday, Dec. 5 and Saturday, Dec. 6 at Broad Street United Methodist Church in Norwich.
(From Google on Wed, 26 Nov 2014 11:29:33 GMT)
A Discussion About Fair Trade AwarenessMinnesota ConnectedOne less commonly known monthly awareness movement recognizes the certification of fair trade. A recent poll has indicated only 55% of the U.S. population knows what the term fair trade means, regardless of holding a spot on the yearly awareness ...
- (From Google on Wed, 26 Nov 2014 05:29:12 GMT)
- (From Google on Tue, 25 Nov 2014 17:41:17 GMT)
- The head of the Trade Union Congress (TUC) has voiced concerns over the effect any trade agreement between the EU and US would have on labour laws. (From Yahoo! on Tue, 25 Nov 2014 05:07:36 -0800)
(From Google on Tue, 25 Nov 2014 00:19:25 GMT)
Local group says human trafficking isn't 'Fair Trade'Shore News TodayGALLOWAY – “Helping to Educate and Advocate Against Trafficking” had a place at the table Sunday, Nov. 16, when Richard Stockton College hosted its 10th annual Fair Trade International Gift Fair. Instead of selling wares from mostly third-world ...
(From Google on Tue, 25 Nov 2014 00:12:08 GMT)
Fair trade center of brown bag discussionSt. Augustine RecordThe guiding principle of her newly relocated store, Amistad, now in the Seaside Plaza at 4255 State Road A1A South, is “Fair Trade,” which she defines as bringing to market beautiful, quality objects and jewelry made by artisans from around the world, ...
- Messe Frankfurt said the goal is to establish a strong North Rhine-Westphalia regional trade fair sector and the two exhibition companies are currently working to create a solution for the interests of the sector. (From Yahoo! on Mon, 24 Nov 2014 05:48:28 -0800)
- Prodways is proud to announce a number of new developments to be presented to the public for the first time during the world 3D printing fair, Euromold, which will be held in Frank (From Yahoo! on Mon, 24 Nov 2014 04:00:00 -0800)
- (From Google on Mon, 24 Nov 2014 01:06:43 GMT)
- Good Earth, the Canadian coffeehouse that serves wholesome food and delicious coffee while living a proud commitment to social and environmental responsibility, will open its first Ontario location at ... (From Yahoo! on Fri, 21 Nov 2014 06:00:00 -0800)
- ‘Comfort meets Technology’ is the motto of the next ISH – The World’s Leading Trade Fair for The Bathroom Experience, Building Services, Energy, Air Conditioning Technology and Renewable Energies. (From Yahoo! on Mon, 17 Nov 2014 07:04:00 -0800)
- Clic+ 2014 trade fair showcasing local event businesses at Robinson College. Picture: Keith Heppell Clic+ 2014 trade fair showcasing local event businesses at Robinson College. (From Yahoo! on Mon, 10 Nov 2014 08:29:24 -0800)
(From Google on Thu, 06 Nov 2014 19:07:47 GMT)
Hartwick Recognized as a Fair Trade CollegeHartwick CollegeOn Friday, October 31, Hartwick College announced its recognition as a Fair Trade College - the 25th in the country - in a ceremony at Yager Hall. President Margaret L. Drugovich unveiled a framed certificate before members of the College's staff and ...and more »
- China's bellwether import-export trade fair showed a decline in orders year-on-year, indicating that strong external demand which helped buoy growth in the third quarter may not be sustainable in the final three months of the year. The China Import and Export Fair, popularly known as the Canton Fair, generated 179.2 billion yuan ($29.30 billion), organizers said in a statement on Tuesday, the ... (From Yahoo! on Tue, 04 Nov 2014 03:06:51 -0800)
- The actors say theyre happy, the makers say its guilt-free but what exactly is fair trade porn? We find out They mainly call it ethical porn, though some people call it fair trade. The term free range was essayed, but its agricultural connotations have proved too strong. Its the kind of porn you would buy in Waitrose, is how D, 40, described it. He is one of the boyfriends and sometime co-star ... (From Yahoo! on Sat, 01 Nov 2014 01:00:02 -0700)