Hand Up Media - the ethical publishing & media company which
promotes Fair Trade and ethical lifestyle issues in positive,
stylish and empowering ways to consumers across the UK and beyond.
Fair Trade in the news
- (From Google on Fri, 19 Sep 2014 11:45:32 GMT)
- (From Google on Fri, 19 Sep 2014 10:15:42 GMT)
(From Google on Thu, 18 Sep 2014 21:34:06 GMT)
Why we buy organic and fair trade: Feelings matterTreehuggerMany people visit sites like TreeHugger to learn about environmentally friendly products and design solutions, but new research suggests that ethical consumer choices are motivated by more than just having all the facts. Ahir Gopaldas, a researcher and ...
- A NORTH-EAST lender has helped a group of African farmers to invest in solar panels. (From Yahoo! on Thu, 18 Sep 2014 03:41:43 -0700)
- The who’s who of the global rail industry is due to be gathered at the opening event of InnoTrans 2014 in Berlin. Over 1,000 senior figures from Germany and abroad representing industry, politics and science are expected to attend the opening ceremony of the world’s leading trade fair for rail transport technology which takes place on 23 September in the Palais am Funkturm. (From Yahoo! on Thu, 18 Sep 2014 00:34:00 -0700)
- An opportunity to experience the taste of Korea and its culture in person has been provided in Chengdu, an officially recognized UNESCO City of Gastronomy and the cultural center o (From Yahoo! on Wed, 17 Sep 2014 20:42:00 -0700)
(From Google on Tue, 16 Sep 2014 23:44:37 GMT)
Fair-Trade Going KosherThe Jewish WeekTimed for the Jewish New Year, a coalition of a secular social action organization and two Jewish organizations has begun a project that will encourage the Jewish community to buy some kosher food items that were produced under “fair trade” conditions.
- Continually demonstrating its dedication to the long-term welfare of all stakeholders, Harmless Harvest is proud to become the first American coconut water to be Fair for Life -- Social & Fair Trade certified. Fair ... (From Yahoo! on Tue, 16 Sep 2014 06:00:00 -0700)
- Vicor Corporation today announced its participation at Electronica 2014, the international trade fair for electronic components, systems and applications hosted in Munich, Germany, November 11 - 14. At ... (From Yahoo! on Tue, 16 Sep 2014 05:00:00 -0700)
(From Google on Tue, 16 Sep 2014 08:02:59 GMT)
Wholesum Family Farms Fair Trade products enjoying strong demandTheProduceNews.comFair Trade-certified products have become a very positive “hot issue” for Wholesum Family Farms, according to Anthony Totta, a consultant for the firm. “The retailers interested in product like this are accelerating,” he said. “This is very good for us ...
- (From Google on Mon, 15 Sep 2014 09:38:43 GMT)
- dmexco 2014 has just concluded its second day of trade fair and congress activities. With 807 exhibitors, 470 top-class speakers, and a new record number of more than 31,900 trade visitors, the event has ... (From Yahoo! on Fri, 12 Sep 2014 00:02:42 -0700)
- Honest Tea, the top-selling organic bottled tea in the U.S., is refreshing its glass-bottled tea beverage line to deepen and broaden the brand’s mission and impact. (From Yahoo! on Tue, 09 Sep 2014 04:00:00 -0700)
(From Google on Sun, 07 Sep 2014 13:32:40 GMT)
11 Foods You Didn't Know You Could Buy 'Fair Trade'Care2.comHere are 11 fair trade food groups you can consider when you shop, though there are many more. Some, like sugar and rice, you may only be able to find online or at a food co-op, but others, like coffee, tea, chocolate and even bananas, are increasingly ...
- In the news release, "Castle Rock Water Company Becomes First Bottled Water to be certified The Prestigious Fair for Life Certification" issued on Aug. 28, 2014 at 12 p.m. ET, by Castle Rock ... (From Yahoo! on Fri, 05 Sep 2014 09:00:00 -0700)
(From Google on Fri, 05 Sep 2014 06:00:37 GMT)
Fairtrade is an unjust movement that serves the richThe GuardianThe unequal distribution of the gains of Fairtrade (FT) derives in a large part from the characteristics of certification. The certification system presents a twofold bias against the poorest developing countries. First, there are considerations ...
- (From Google on Wed, 03 Sep 2014 15:25:20 GMT)
- Theo Chocolate, an award-winning bean-to-bar chocolate maker, today announced the national launch of its newest creation, Theo Peanut Butter Cups, the first fair trade certified product of its kind in North America. (From Yahoo! on Wed, 03 Sep 2014 06:00:00 -0700)
- Castle Rock Water Company is thrilled to announce that it has been awarded the rigorous Fair for Life Social & Fair Trade certification. As the first bottled water ever to become certified by Fair for ... (From Yahoo! on Thu, 28 Aug 2014 09:00:00 -0700)
- (From Google on Tue, 26 Aug 2014 13:08:05 GMT)