Hand Up Media - the ethical publishing & media company which
promotes Fair Trade and ethical lifestyle issues in positive,
stylish and empowering ways to consumers across the UK and beyond.
Fair Trade in the news
(From Google on Thu, 30 Oct 2014 13:21:39 GMT)
Making Fair Trade Fashionable: Q&A with Marci Zaroff3BL Media (press release)Marci Zaroff is an internationally recognized ECOlifestyle entrepreneur, educator and expert who played a leading role in the creation of Fair Trade USA's apparel and home good program. Founder of “Under the Canopy,” Producer of “THREAD|Driving ...
(From Google on Thu, 30 Oct 2014 04:08:56 GMT)
Experience fair trade Sunday at arts centerJamestown PressTaste and see fair trade in action at the Jamestown Arts Center on Sunday, Nov. 2, at 3 p.m. Coffee from Dean's Beans, chocolate from Equal Exchange, and wine from Fair Trade Winds will be available for purchase. Admission is $5. The event will include ...
- A SUPPORT service for budding entrepreneurs is holding a free exhibition for people looking to set up in business.Business Enterprise Support (BES) has teamed up with Port Vale Football Club to host the event at Vale Park in Burslem on Wednesday November 19.The fair, which runs from 10am until 4pm, is aimed at those thinking of starting their own business but unsure of where to start, those ... (From Yahoo! on Wed, 29 Oct 2014 12:23:20 -0700)
- Workers for the major retailer are seeking more secure hours and earnings. (From Yahoo! on Wed, 29 Oct 2014 08:32:54 -0700)
(From Google on Wed, 29 Oct 2014 13:11:33 GMT)
Tricky Treats: Halloween Candy OptionsPR WatchNestlé announced in December 2009 that its Kit Kat chocolate products marketed in Britain would start to be sold with certification from the Fairtrade Foundation, which does not allow child labor. But a 2012 report by the Fair Labor Association found ...and more »
- Secant Medical will be highlighting its expanded capabilities and expertise in biomedical textiles and advanced biomaterials at the MEDICA/Compamed International Trade Fair from November 12–14 in Düsseldorf, Germany. (From Yahoo! on Wed, 29 Oct 2014 05:00:00 -0700)
(From Google on Wed, 29 Oct 2014 04:12:20 GMT)
Professor explores effectiveness of fair tradeObserver OnlineAs part of the Kellogg Institute's lecture series, professor of economics and international studies Bruce Wydick from the University of San Francisco gave a talk titled “Does Fair Trade Coffee Work? The Taste of Many Mountains, a Novel about Fair Trade ...
- (From Google on Wed, 29 Oct 2014 02:55:14 GMT)
- By Ron Bousso and Barbara Lewis LONDON/BRUSSELS (Reuters) - Oil majors BP and Statoil said the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) was closing a probe into anticompetitive practices in oil price reporting, while a European Union investigation continued. European officials in May 2013 raided the offices of oil majors BP, Shell and Statoil as part of an investigation of suspected manipulation of ... (From Yahoo! on Tue, 28 Oct 2014 12:14:18 -0700)
- (From Google on Tue, 28 Oct 2014 19:03:00 GMT)
(From Google on Tue, 28 Oct 2014 17:10:50 GMT)
Safe Haven hosting art, craft and fair trade eventPetoskey News-ReviewCHARLEVOIX —The Safe Haven Ministry Free Breakfast Club is hosting a art, craft and fair trade festival from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 1, at Charlevoix Community Reformed Church on the corner of Petoskey Avenue and Meech St. Homemade pies ...
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC) it was closing its probe into anticompetitive practices in oil price reporting and assessment, but other regulators were still investigating. European Commission officials in May 2013 raided the offices of oil majors BP, Shell (RDSa.L) and Statoil (STL.OL) as part of a probe into suspected manipulation of oil and biofuel prices. (From Yahoo! on Tue, 28 Oct 2014 05:26:31 -0700)
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC) it was closing its probe into anticompetitive practices in oil price reporting and assessment, but other regulators were still investigating. European Commission officials in May 2013 raided the offices of oil majors BP, Shell (LSE: RDSB.L - news) and Statoil (Xetra: 675213 - news) as part of a probe into suspected manipulation of oil and biofuel prices. (From Yahoo! on Tue, 28 Oct 2014 04:48:03 -0700)
- (From Google on Mon, 27 Oct 2014 13:03:45 GMT)
(From Google on Mon, 27 Oct 2014 05:07:02 GMT)
St. Peter's UCC to Host Fair Trade Market Nov. 1-2The MissourianSt. Peter's United Church of Christ on Fifth Street in Washington will partner with Plowsharing Crafts of St. Louis as they host a Fair Trade Market Saturday, Nov. 1, and Sunday, Nov. 2. This event celebrates the skill and ability of artisans and ...
- THE huge halls of the Canton Fair, the biggest trade event in China, are as good a place as any to take the temperature of the global economy. “Winter hasn’t come yet but I can already feel the chill,” said Cathy Xiao, general manager of Jiangxi Hongtai Industry, one of more than 24,000 exhibitors. (From Yahoo! on Sat, 25 Oct 2014 16:04:11 -0700)
(From Google on Sat, 25 Oct 2014 12:00:59 GMT)
New York Observer
Fair Trade Month And the Fair Trade DivideNew York Observer“New York is all about small business, and Fair Trade is all about small business,” said Dr. Karl Wald. He is the owner of Mr. Ellie Pooh, a small Brooklyn-based Fair Trade business. It is easy to see that New York oozes small business – take a step ...
- Organisers of Fakuma, the German plastics industry trade fair, said this year’s event – the 23 rd – drew a record 45,689 visitors from 117 countries. (From Yahoo! on Tue, 21 Oct 2014 17:06:39 -0700)
- HELSINKI (AP) — It's a whisky trade fair. But it can't say it is. (From Yahoo! on Mon, 13 Oct 2014 08:04:09 -0700)
- FOUR bilingual town signs have been put in place to mark Abergele’s new start as a Fair Trade Town. (From Yahoo! on Thu, 02 Oct 2014 02:37:35 -0700)