Hand Up Media - the ethical publishing & media company which
promotes Fair Trade and ethical lifestyle issues in positive,
stylish and empowering ways to consumers across the UK and beyond.
Fair Trade in the news
- GENEVA (AP) — The World Trade Organization began regrouping Friday to see whether it is still possible to finalize a major deal to boost global trade after a deadline passed to formally adopt it. (From Yahoo! on Fri, 01 Aug 2014 05:28:58 -0700)
- (From Google on Wed, 30 Jul 2014 11:22:18 GMT)
(From Google on Mon, 28 Jul 2014 23:40:10 GMT)
These organic wardrobe basics are now Fair Trade tooTreehuggerPact Apparel offers a range of soft basics, from socks to tees in GOTS-certified organic cottons. The company has now also earned Fair Trade certification for many of its products, and is working to get certification for even more of its factories. Few ...
- (From Google on Mon, 28 Jul 2014 14:32:58 GMT)
(From Google on Mon, 28 Jul 2014 08:04:05 GMT)
Pact Apparel Launches Fair Trade Certified LineTriple PunditThe Fair Trade certified line is produced in a factory in India. For every purchase of a Fair Trade certified garment, Pact will donate a percentage of the sales to a worker-controlled fund. The workers will vote on how to spend the funds which include ...
(From Google on Sun, 27 Jul 2014 19:15:53 GMT)
Daily Record (subscription)
Fair trade brings sales, clear conscienceDaily Record (subscription)NEW YORK — Brooklyn Roasting Co. has a booming business based on helping people thousands of miles away. Ninety percent of the coffee the New York-based company sells is Fair Trade — certified as produced by people who are treated and paid well.
- (From Google on Sat, 26 Jul 2014 12:31:14 GMT)
- Brooklyn Roasting Co. has a booming business based on helping people thousands of miles away. Ninety percent of the coffee the New York-based company sells is Fair Trade — certified as produced by people ... (From Yahoo! on Wed, 23 Jul 2014 14:23:08 -0700)
- (From Google on Tue, 22 Jul 2014 10:09:13 GMT)
- STRATHAM, N.H. (AP) — The heaviest baby contest and "girlie shows" are gone, but New Hampshire's traditional summer and fall fairs live on. (From Yahoo! on Mon, 21 Jul 2014 05:49:13 -0700)
- (From Google on Wed, 16 Jul 2014 20:05:29 GMT)
- “Fair trade deals with the ethical treatment of labor in the production and supply chain rather than the ethical sourcing of materials, so it works well for a field like music, where the primary product is good vibrations. (From Yahoo! on Tue, 15 Jul 2014 09:10:26 -0700)
- PACT, an ethical and organic apparel basics brand, announced today that it is releasing one of the largest organic cotton Fair Trade Certified™ lines by a US apparel brand. The line features 78 different ... (From Yahoo! on Tue, 15 Jul 2014 09:00:00 -0700)
- The membership of the Coalition for American Solar Manufacturing – a broad consortium of U.S. solar-industry employers that supports domestic manufacturing, sustainable prod (From Yahoo! on Tue, 15 Jul 2014 07:30:00 -0700)
- Ulrich Grillo, President of the Federation of German Industries, addresses an industrial trade fair in Hanover, central Germany on April 6, 2014 (From Yahoo! on Fri, 11 Jul 2014 02:33:49 -0700)
- (From Google on Tue, 08 Jul 2014 13:35:07 GMT)
- South Korea's Fair Trade Commission has forced the app stores to remove non-refundable clauses --and hopes the policy will become a benchmark for other countries. (From Yahoo! on Tue, 08 Jul 2014 04:25:49 -0700)
- President Clinton visited home furnishings retailer West Elm in Brooklyn last week. He viewed West Elm’s work to support artisans around the world and offer handcrafted products under the brand’s 2013 Clinton Global Initiative Commitment to Action. (From Yahoo! on Mon, 07 Jul 2014 06:00:00 -0700)
(From Google on Thu, 03 Jul 2014 15:24:30 GMT)
Fair tradeThe EconomistA CUP of “fair-trade” coffee used to make mud taste good, and you could buy it only in churches and charity shops. Today, it is indistinguishable from the other fine coffees sold alongside it at Starbucks and other big retailers. The same goes for ...
- Taoiseach greeted by Mexican wave by customers queueing outside budget retailer (From Yahoo! on Thu, 03 Jul 2014 05:53:54 -0700)