Hand Up Media - the ethical publishing & media company which
promotes Fair Trade and ethical lifestyle issues in positive,
stylish and empowering ways to consumers across the UK and beyond.
Fair Trade in the news
(From Google on Fri, 29 Aug 2014 19:54:06 GMT)
Businesses Back Fairtrade Foundation's Bridal CampaignRapaportPress Release: Retailers, jewelers, designers, goldsmiths and casting houses have signed up to take part in the Fairtrade Foundation's bridal campaign "I Do" in the U.K. next spring 2015. Encouraging British couples to choose Fairtrade gold when they ...
(From Google on Fri, 29 Aug 2014 19:09:03 GMT)
Lattitudes Fair Trade Store opening downtown Fredericksburg locationFredericksburg.comLattitudes Fair Trade Store, a socially responsible gift shop in Warrenton, is opening a second location in downtown Fredericksburg this fall. The new store will go into the 4,197-square-foot building at 806 Caroline St. that was formerly home to CIS ...
- Trading resumes in / Reprise des négociations pour: Company / Société : NV GOLD CORPORATION... (From Yahoo! on Fri, 29 Aug 2014 10:07:00 -0700)
- Trading resumes in / Reprise des négociations pour : Company / Société : Argonaut Gold Inc.... (From Yahoo! on Fri, 29 Aug 2014 08:10:00 -0700)
- (From Google on Fri, 29 Aug 2014 13:56:51 GMT)
(From Google on Fri, 29 Aug 2014 13:38:38 GMT)
Students advocate for fair trade at Wright StateWSU GuardianThe Fair Trade Student Association (FTSA) has started an initiative requesting that WSU sell more fair trade products. According to the FTSA and several national fair trade websites, products marked “fair trade” are certified as being grown, created ...
- Here’s ten things to do in Dorset this weekend, from the Red Arrows, to the Great Dorset Steam Fair, there’s plenty to entertain the whole family. (From Yahoo! on Fri, 29 Aug 2014 02:30:06 -0700)
- Despite government claims that public services will be protected from the EU's free trade agreement with the US, 42% of British people don't trust them to protect the NHS from privatisation. A new survey, conducted by YouGov on behalf of 38 Degrees, found that a further 39% think the controversial Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) "would be bad for the UK", with just 13 ... (From Yahoo! on Fri, 29 Aug 2014 01:40:49 -0700)
- (From Google on Fri, 29 Aug 2014 06:06:07 GMT)
(From Google on Thu, 28 Aug 2014 21:55:52 GMT)
5 Fair Trade shoes for fall from OlibertéTreehuggerIf you're in the market for sweat-shop free shoes for the colder months, Oliberté has just launched a new collection of boots and shoes for fall and winter. The shoemaker is certified by Fair Trade USA. All of Oliberté's shoes are made by their factory ...
- Castle Rock Water Company is thrilled to announce that it has been awarded the rigorous Fair for Life Social & Fair Trade certification. As the first bottled water ever to become certified by Fair for ... (From Yahoo! on Thu, 28 Aug 2014 09:00:00 -0700)
- Watchdog sends inspectors to Kookmin Bank, Woori Bank, Shinhan and Hana Bank (From Yahoo! on Wed, 27 Aug 2014 17:10:32 -0700)
(From Google on Wed, 27 Aug 2014 04:44:15 GMT)
Candidate backs fair trade agenda to promote jobsLeader-TelegramRon Kind said he is committed to promoting a fair trade agenda that will create Wisconsin jobs and raise labor and environmental standards. Kind, D-La Crosse, also said he believes the Export-Import Bank of the United States is an effective tool to ...
- SEOUL (Reuters) - South Korea's anti-trust agency is investigating the country's four largest commercial banks on suspicion of collusion on interest rates, news agency Yonhap reported on Wednesday. Yonhap said investigators from the Fair Trade Commission visited Kookmin Bank [KOOKM.UL], Woori Bank [WOORIA.UL], Shinhan Bank [SHINBC.UL] and Hana Bank [SEOULB.UL] on Tuesday and Wednesday. Earlier ... (From Yahoo! on Tue, 26 Aug 2014 20:18:30 -0700)
- Fairness and justice is what the poor and the oppressed need from those elected to protect and serve them. When the people are in greatest need and government officials turn away then the people have been betrayed ,abandoned and left without help. This is what I experience everyday in our struggle to get justice for the victims of human trafficking child sexual abuse. But there is little justice ... (From Yahoo! on Tue, 26 Aug 2014 10:23:17 -0700)
(From Google on Tue, 26 Aug 2014 13:08:05 GMT)
A Fair-Trade-Like Certification for Gender EqualityThe Atlantic“I am skeptical,” says Nicola Misani, a researcher at Italy's Bocconi University who co-authored a paper in 2009 on consumers' perceptions of Fair Trade products. “Consumers tend to be confused by the great number and variety of labels they already ...and more »
- Qualcomm is one of at least thirty foreign firms to come under scrutiny as China seeks to enforce a 2008 anti-monopoly law - efforts some critics say have unfairly targeted overseas businesses, raising protectionism concerns. The Korea Fair Trade Commission (KFTC) fined San Diego-based Qualcomm more than $200 million in 2009 for abusing its dominant market position, but the stakes are bigger in ... (From Yahoo! on Thu, 21 Aug 2014 02:10:11 -0700)
(From Google on Tue, 12 Aug 2014 17:38:20 GMT)
"Fair Trade" Cocaine Is A Thing Nowio9The rapid growth of online drug vendors has transformed the way illegal narcotics are sold and marketed. How do dealers compete in a virtual world where violence and intimidation are no longer options? As with any other product, through customer ...and more »
(From Google on Thu, 07 Aug 2014 18:13:19 GMT)
10 Reasons Fair-Trade Coffee Doesn't WorkHuffington PostThe academic evidence for any positive effect of fair-trade coffee on coffee growers is mixed at best. Several recent studies by researchers at Harvard, the University of Wisconsin, and the University of California indicate that fair-trade coffee has ...and more »
- A MAJOR business event that used to attract tens of thousands of people to Witney is to make a comeback next month. (From Yahoo! on Wed, 06 Aug 2014 02:12:27 -0700)