Hand Up Media - the ethical publishing & media company which
promotes Fair Trade and ethical lifestyle issues in positive,
stylish and empowering ways to consumers across the UK and beyond.
Fair Trade in the news
- Copyright Clearance Center, Inc. , a global licensing and content solutions organization, announces that it has been named the Rights Licensing Partner of the 2014 Frankfurt Book Fair, the biggest book and media fair in the world. (From Yahoo! on Mon, 29 Sep 2014 08:38:00 -0700)
- ANN Rogers of Rogers Fun Fair hasn't missed an October Fair in Ledbury for forty years, and this year will be no exception. (From Yahoo! on Mon, 29 Sep 2014 05:29:43 -0700)
- More than 80 businesses will be showcasing their products at Menta Trade Fair, which takes place in Bury St Edmunds on Wednesday. (From Yahoo! on Mon, 29 Sep 2014 04:24:16 -0700)
- (From Google on Sun, 28 Sep 2014 10:45:26 GMT)
(From Google on Fri, 26 Sep 2014 06:15:18 GMT)
Bentley students present first 'Fair Trade Fair'Wicked Local WalthamThis student-managed event will bring together fair trade vendors from across the country, including Equal Exchange, Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream, and Runa Tea, to sample and showcase their fair trade products. The event will also feature speakers from some ...
- By David Brunnstrom WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. business lobby on Thursday questioned the reformist credentials of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on the eve of his visit to the United States in which ... (From Yahoo! on Thu, 25 Sep 2014 12:41:35 -0700)
- With Fair Trade Month around the corner, Keurig Green Mountain, Inc. , a leader in specialty coffee, coffee makers, teas, and other beverages with its innovative brewing technology, continues to advance its efforts to build a resilient supply chain. (From Yahoo! on Thu, 25 Sep 2014 11:30:00 -0700)
- (From Google on Thu, 25 Sep 2014 17:01:47 GMT)
- (From Google on Thu, 25 Sep 2014 16:12:19 GMT)
(From Google on Tue, 23 Sep 2014 14:00:57 GMT)
Fair Trade Store Expands With New CafeARL nowThe fair trade store recently renovated and opened the cafe, which serves fair trade coffee, tea and baked goods from two local bakeries: LeoNora Gourmet and Vera's Bakery. Owner Lisa Ostroff, who's preparing to celebrate two years in business next ...
- When the leading international trade fair for transport technology begins on Tuesday, 23 September in Berlin it will be breaking all previous records in many respects. This anniversary event, the tenth edition, is the largest ever in the history of InnoTrans. (From Yahoo! on Mon, 22 Sep 2014 02:15:00 -0700)
- (From Google on Sun, 21 Sep 2014 12:33:56 GMT)
- (From Google on Fri, 19 Sep 2014 17:57:04 GMT)
(From Google on Thu, 18 Sep 2014 21:34:06 GMT)
Why we buy organic and fair trade: Feelings matterTreehuggerMany people visit sites like TreeHugger to learn about environmentally friendly products and design solutions, but new research suggests that ethical consumer choices are motivated by more than just having all the facts. Ahir Gopaldas, a researcher and ...
- Continually demonstrating its dedication to the long-term welfare of all stakeholders, Harmless Harvest is proud to become the first American coconut water to be Fair for Life -- Social & Fair Trade certified. Fair ... (From Yahoo! on Tue, 16 Sep 2014 06:00:00 -0700)
- dmexco 2014 has just concluded its second day of trade fair and congress activities. With 807 exhibitors, 470 top-class speakers, and a new record number of more than 31,900 trade visitors, the event has ... (From Yahoo! on Fri, 12 Sep 2014 00:02:42 -0700)
- Honest Tea, the top-selling organic bottled tea in the U.S., is refreshing its glass-bottled tea beverage line to deepen and broaden the brand’s mission and impact. (From Yahoo! on Tue, 09 Sep 2014 04:00:00 -0700)
(From Google on Sun, 07 Sep 2014 13:32:40 GMT)
11 Foods You Didn't Know You Could Buy 'Fair Trade'Care2.comHere are 11 fair trade food groups you can consider when you shop, though there are many more. Some, like sugar and rice, you may only be able to find online or at a food co-op, but others, like coffee, tea, chocolate and even bananas, are increasingly ...
(From Google on Fri, 05 Sep 2014 06:00:37 GMT)
Fairtrade is an unjust movement that serves the richThe GuardianThe unequal distribution of the gains of Fairtrade (FT) derives in a large part from the characteristics of certification. The certification system presents a twofold bias against the poorest developing countries. First, there are considerations ...
- Theo Chocolate, an award-winning bean-to-bar chocolate maker, today announced the national launch of its newest creation, Theo Peanut Butter Cups, the first fair trade certified product of its kind in North America. (From Yahoo! on Wed, 03 Sep 2014 06:00:00 -0700)