Hand Up Media - the ethical publishing & media company which
promotes Fair Trade and ethical lifestyle issues in positive,
stylish and empowering ways to consumers across the UK and beyond.
Fair Trade in the news
- (From Google on Tue, 21 May 2013 10:14:34 GMT)
(From Google on Mon, 20 May 2013 18:49:18 GMT)
Drink Green: Organic and Fair Trade WinesBlogHer (blog)I love to drink wine of all sorts and I'm open for wine tasting with friends anytime. I don't ordinarily buy organic or Fair Trade wine, I've tried a few but our local stores don't offer much of a selection. I've also seen wines that claim to be ...
- A coalition of organisations have started a ‘Fair Deal' campaign against the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) Agreement. (From Yahoo! on Mon, 20 May 2013 08:27:16 -0700)
- (From Google on Mon, 20 May 2013 14:56:48 GMT)
(From Google on Mon, 20 May 2013 09:46:43 GMT)
Overland Park business offers fair trade products to help needyKCTV Kansas CityOverland Park business offers fair trade products to help needy - KCTV5. Member Center: Create Account|; Log In; Manage Account|; Log Out. SITE SEARCH. Home · News · KCTV5 News · Investigations · It's Your Morning (IYM) · U.S. & World News · As Seen ...
(From Google on Mon, 20 May 2013 06:17:23 GMT)
Cafe Shiloh offers selection of Fair Trade merchandiseThe Livingston County NewsLaurie was impressed by a display of Fair Trade merchandise she came upon in a store in Corning and was thinking about having a similar display at the cafe when, the very next day, she encountered customers from Syracuse who were fair traders. Through ...
(From Google on Mon, 20 May 2013 03:25:58 GMT)
Put Fairtrade on Ulster produceBelfast TelegraphI can pay a premium for Fairtrade goods, giving workers a degree of improved welfare. But when I buy locally grown produce, it's deemed that I'll accept produce picked by migrant workers on below living wage. Is it time for Fairtrade logos on local ...and more »
- Reach tens of thousands of people instantly by advertising with Ekklesia. Find out more Members of the World Trade Organisation must take on board a report by the International Development Committee on the collapse of trade talks in Cancun last September, according to a catholic aid agency. (From Yahoo! on Sun, 19 May 2013 16:08:23 -0700)
- A Harrow church was transformed into a restaurant for one day only to promote fair trade food. (From Yahoo! on Sun, 19 May 2013 02:45:24 -0700)
(From Google on Fri, 17 May 2013 14:19:12 GMT)
Hijacked Organic, Limited Local, Faulty Fair Trade - TruthoutTruth-OutAs the food movement has moved from the countercultural fringe to become a mainstream phenomenon, organic, local, and fair trade advocates have been beset by criticism from overt foes and erstwhile allies alike. Now that Starbucks advertises fair trade ...
- (From Google on Tue, 14 May 2013 15:27:40 GMT)
- Africa's biggest tourism trade fair is underway in Durban, attracting tourism buyers from across the continent and beyond. (From Yahoo! on Mon, 13 May 2013 23:00:41 -0700)
- (From Google on Mon, 13 May 2013 18:22:35 GMT)
- FAIRTRADE supporters banded together to toast World Fair Trade Day. (From Yahoo! on Mon, 13 May 2013 03:08:58 -0700)
- Fair Trade was odds-on when unseating his rider at Wetherby last time but should be winning again soon judged on his earlier form in decent company. But he has to give 7lb to BLACK SPIRIT , a smart performer on the Flat. The fact that the latter made his hurdling debut in a Grade 2 suggests connections think he's capable of picking up some nice prize money once he gains experience and he gets ... (From Yahoo! on Sun, 12 May 2013 07:19:44 -0700)
(From Google on Sun, 12 May 2013 10:10:15 GMT)
New York Times (blog)
After Fair Trade Coffee, Fair Trade SheaNew York Times (blog)“The Body Shop has used shea for over 19 years and we are firmly committed to using our learning to build a sustainable shea sector,” said Mark Davis, the company's director of community fair trade. “Being a member of the Global Shea Alliance is ...
- To celebrate World Fair Trade Day, Fairtrade America is offering Fair Trade supporters in the United States a chance to win a basket of Fairtrade certified chocolates, coffee, tea, flowers, ice cream, honey and more! (From Yahoo! on Fri, 10 May 2013 17:32:15 -0700)
- A Dutch start-up is trying to make a "fair-trade" version of a mobile phone. (From Yahoo! on Fri, 10 May 2013 03:54:58 -0700)
- “Fair Trade, Sustainability and Social Change”, by Ian Hudson, Mark Hudson and Mara Fridell, should be required reading for anyone interested in the strategic direction, challenges and opportunities of Fair Trade and its social movement. (From Yahoo! on Wed, 01 May 2013 18:17:12 -0700)
- Not-for-profit organization Fair World Project has criticized changes to Fair Trade USA’s labeling policy, which allows chocolate to carry the seal when it contains a high percentage of other ingredients like sugar that are not fairly traded. (From Yahoo! on Tue, 30 Apr 2013 17:17:25 -0700)