Hand Up Media - the ethical publishing & media company which
promotes Fair Trade and ethical lifestyle issues in positive,
stylish and empowering ways to consumers across the UK and beyond.
Fair Trade in the news
(From Google on Sun, 01 Mar 2015 13:02:37 GMT)
Fairtrade Fortnight focuses on banana supply chainLimerick LeaderSpeaking at the launch, the metropolitan Mayor of Limerick Michael Sheahan, congratulated the Limerick Fairtrade City Committee for “their terrific efforts on behalf of producers in developing countries, as well as acknowledge the committee's continued ...
- The saddler was presented the award at the British Equestrian Trade Association International trade fair (From Yahoo! on Fri, 27 Feb 2015 23:43:03 -0800)
(From Google on Fri, 27 Feb 2015 18:52:44 GMT)
Safeway to sell first Fair Trade seafoodSupermarket NewsThe tuna will initially be available in stores in the retailer's Northern California, Portland and Seattle divisions in March. Safeway will expand the program to other areas once more supply becomes available. “Safeway recognizes its responsibility to ...
- Wanted for war crimes, Sudan's President Omar al-Bashir attends the first major weapons fair since the 2014 UN arms trade treaty. (From Yahoo! on Fri, 27 Feb 2015 07:07:14 -0800)
- Model Lily Cole injected a bit of glamour into politics by taking part in a debate about fashion and fair trade. (From Yahoo! on Thu, 26 Feb 2015 05:55:50 -0800)
- Fairtrade Fortnight [Mon 23 Feb-Sun 08 Mar 2015] - a national initiative run by the Fairtrade Foundation to promote fair trade around the world - is well under way in Aberdeen. 25/02/2015 00:00:00 (From Yahoo! on Thu, 26 Feb 2015 02:13:24 -0800)
(From Google on Wed, 25 Feb 2015 19:23:43 GMT)
Fair Trade Tuna is the First of its SchoolJustmeans (blog)In partnership with Safeway supermarket retailer, Fair Trade tuna will be available in all of their Northern California Division stores in March. This comes after several years of research and partnership with local fisherman from Indonesia, fishermen ...
- (From Google on Mon, 23 Feb 2015 22:27:17 GMT)
- (From Google on Mon, 23 Feb 2015 17:55:22 GMT)
- (From Google on Mon, 23 Feb 2015 09:33:33 GMT)
- All sorts of garden curiosities from gazebos to bird boxes can be found at antique markets (From Yahoo! on Sat, 21 Feb 2015 23:11:19 -0800)
(From Google on Thu, 19 Feb 2015 17:15:43 GMT)
Fair Trade Writes New Chapter In Story of TunaVoicesThat's because Safeway and Fair Trade USA just announced a partnership to bring the first-ever Fair Trade Certified™ wild fish to the North American market. You may know Fair Trade from their work in coffee or chocolate, and with yesterday's ...
- A DEPUTY leader of Carmarthenshire Council is calling for milk produced within the county to be marked as Fair Trade when sold in supermarkets and shops. (From Yahoo! on Wed, 18 Feb 2015 00:45:24 -0800)
- YOUNG entrepreneurs from Hartlepool have triumphed at the North East and Cumbria Trade Fair. (From Yahoo! on Sun, 15 Feb 2015 23:22:12 -0800)
(From Google on Fri, 13 Feb 2015 01:56:03 GMT)
Fair trade retailer shutting downTallahassee.comTen Thousand Villages, a fair-trade retailer off Timberlane Road that offers handcrafted gifts from more than 30 countries, almost made it to its 10-year anniversary. Unfortunately for manager Tricia Beall, volunteers and store patrons, March 28 will ...
- (From Google on Thu, 12 Feb 2015 23:46:42 GMT)
- South Korea's Fair Trade Commission is investigating Qualcomm Inc, a person familiar with the matter told Reuters on Thursday, adding to antitrust woes for the U.S. chipmaker following a record fine it agreed to pay in China. South Korea's Maeil Business newspaper, without citing direct sources, reported that the commission will look into whether Qualcomm is abusing its dominant market position ... (From Yahoo! on Wed, 11 Feb 2015 18:18:05 -0800)
- China just the beginning for mobe chipmaker's woes in Asia Mere days after settling its antitrust dispute with China, mobile chipmaker Qualcomm faces a new investigation into its business practices, this time in South Korea.… (From Yahoo! on Wed, 11 Feb 2015 18:08:51 -0800)
- (From Google on Tue, 10 Feb 2015 08:35:07 GMT)
- FAIR trade gift and homeware company Little Trove has launched a new jewellery range to support girls and young women at risk of becoming victims of human trafficking.The owner of the Newcastle company, Ramona Hirschi, travelled to South Africa to work with the Red Light Initiative, which reaches out to those at risk by giving them work making jewellery.Little Trove is now the exclusive UK ... (From Yahoo! on Mon, 02 Feb 2015 07:56:19 -0800)