Hand Up Media - the ethical publishing & media company which
promotes Fair Trade and ethical lifestyle issues in positive,
stylish and empowering ways to consumers across the UK and beyond.
Fair Trade in the news
(From Google on Sun, 20 Apr 2014 09:57:37 GMT)
Sales upsurge fair trade chocolate on EasterAuthint MailThe sale of fair trade chocolate has leapt almost 10,000 per cent since 2007, new data suggests, meaning that it's more likely than ever you will be eating a fair trade or artisan easter egg today. There is also a significant growth in sales from ...and more »
- (From Google on Sun, 20 Apr 2014 08:05:45 GMT)
- (From Google on Fri, 18 Apr 2014 02:27:30 GMT)
- Singapore is running a trade fair for entrepreneurs, where exhibitors hope to turn their idea into a worldwide success. (From Yahoo! on Thu, 17 Apr 2014 17:59:01 -0700)
(From Google on Thu, 17 Apr 2014 17:45:39 GMT)
Missouri Hemp Network announces full support for Fair Trade DaySTLtoday.comSteven Wilson of the Missouri Hemp Network said, "Fair trade is Market humanism. Market humanism is the comprehension that the worker 10,000 miles away is just as important as the one standing next to you. Corporate greed had its chance, but now it is ...
(From Google on Thu, 17 Apr 2014 17:07:01 GMT)
Fair trade pioneer to speak in BlufftonLima OhioBLUFFTON — Lois Kreider will speak at a program from 3 to 4 p.m. Thursday on the third floor of Bluffton Town Hall, reminiscing and answering questions about her life as a trailblazing woman entrepreneur, starting the first USA fair trade store in ...
- ARDGOWAN Primary recently held a fair trade coffee morning to raise funds for the school. (From Yahoo! on Thu, 17 Apr 2014 06:11:28 -0700)
- The Green Trade Project Office under Taiwan's Ministry of Economic Affairs has continued to deepen its presence in the emerging Southern Hemisphere market, leading a delegation of Taiwanese LED lighting ... (From Yahoo! on Thu, 17 Apr 2014 06:00:00 -0700)
- (From Google on Thu, 17 Apr 2014 06:39:52 GMT)
- ETHICALLY-SOURCED homeware business Little Trove has been selected to take part in a national exhibition.Pulse, at Earls Court exhibition centre in London, showcases specially selected goods to international trade buyers. Little Trove, of Newcastle, is an online fair trade luxury goods and homeware business which runs on a party plan model with consultants based across the UK.Founder Ramona ... (From Yahoo! on Wed, 16 Apr 2014 04:53:37 -0700)
- As an add-on to the Sensor + Test trade fair later this year in Nuremberg (Germany), the organizer plans to launch the European Telemetry and Test Conference (etc). The intention for the future is to alternate etc and the AMA congress. (From Yahoo! on Wed, 16 Apr 2014 02:15:37 -0700)
(From Google on Tue, 15 Apr 2014 23:33:07 GMT)
Fair Trade coffee tasting to wake studentsVidette OnlineMaddy Marchini, a junior marketing major and enrichment chairperson for UPB, planned the event and is excited to host ISU's second Fair Trade Coffee Tasting. She thinks students need to learn more about Fair Trade products and the good they do globally.
- Fair trade activists urge EU to set up regulator to stop abuses of low pay and poor working conditions in Africa and India It is one of America's and Europe's favourite nuts, popular as a snack and rather good in curries. But the cashew is at the centre of a simmering global row amid accusations that western retailers are skimming off fat profits, leaving farmers and processors with a pittance ... (From Yahoo! on Mon, 14 Apr 2014 16:34:58 -0700)
(From Google on Mon, 14 Apr 2014 18:20:23 GMT)
Johnson City Press (subscription)
What is Fair Trade really all about?Johnson City Press (subscription)Growing concurrently with the illegal horrors is a beneficent worldwide force called Fair Trade. The mission of the Fair Trade movement is to provide fair employment opportunities to disadvantaged and marginalized farmers and artisans, standing in ...
- YOUNGSTERS at a Swanage primary school have addressed local dignitaries on poverty, hunger and justice, as part of a fair trade project. (From Yahoo! on Mon, 14 Apr 2014 09:33:00 -0700)
- Industry must do more than turn books into PDFs to capture readers' imaginations, says head of trade body on opening day The search for the next publishing sensation, and digital business model, dominated the agenda at the opening day of the annual London Book Fair on Tuesday. The head of the industry trade body warned that simply "turning a book into a PDF" was not innovative enough to capture ... (From Yahoo! on Tue, 08 Apr 2014 12:12:38 -0700)
- TEN years of York supporting fair trade across the world has been celebrated in the House of Commons. (From Yahoo! on Sat, 05 Apr 2014 00:41:41 -0700)
(From Google on Mon, 31 Mar 2014 17:13:24 GMT)
Here are the fair-trade hipster shoes you've been waiting forGristOliberté bills itself as a fair-trade, sustainable clothing brand based in sub-Saharan Africa, paying its workers in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, more than double the minimum wage. The factory is the world's first to be certified by Fair Trade USA. So in ...
(From Google on Sat, 29 Mar 2014 14:12:01 GMT)
Fair tradeRTIn Europe, the fair trade business is booming. Last year, sales of fair trade goods totaled over 6 billion dollars, with sales climbing every year. This new market model lets consumers reconcile their pocketbook and their conscious. Why just buy things ...
- For the sixth year, the French Trade Commission UBIFRANCE in London will host a French Pavilion at the Natural & Organic Products Europe trade show, which takes place in London (UK) from 13 to 14 April 2014. A total of 13 specialists in fair-trade, free-from, health, and organic products from the food-and-drink industry and the health-and-beauty sector will be showcased on the pavilion. (From Yahoo! on Thu, 27 Mar 2014 08:21:56 -0700)